Whenever I travel, no matter if it’s short or long haul, I try to limit the number of items I bring on the plane, I only bring things I definitely need. Because I don’t like to use rollaway luggages as a personal carry item and prefer shoulder strap totes, it is even more important that I bring as little as possible. There may be chances where I have to dash from one terminal to another! My favorite carry on is the Goyard Chevron Sac Hardy Pet Carrier GM. For short haul flights, I usually don’t check in luggage and would use a four wheel rollaway luggage to bring my necessities, clothing etc. My preferred roll away is this Tumi. Nonetheless, I would still bring a shoulder strap tote for things I need regularly on the plane and when in transfer.
To avoid forgetting anything, I have a carry on- must pack list that I pull out every time I start packing.
I tend to list out everything I can think of and will narrow down items that is appropriate for the trip I’m taking. These are some of the items I bring all the time:
- Bag divider – to compartmentalize my stuff so I don’t have to dig and can find things easier
- Passport – a no brainer
- Frequent flyer membership card and/or hotel loyalty card- in case I need to prove my status, credit points to my account, special access lounges or other benefits etc.
- Pen – always bring a few, and not expensive ones. People like to borrow pens on planes to fill arrival forms, and sometimes they forget to return them!
- iPad or computer – depending on purpose of travel, great to have especially if there’s flight delays or if there’s nothing good to watch on the inflight entertainment system
- Phone & charger now planes have USB charging docks – a great time to boost battery life
- Headphones – doesn’t have to be noise canceling ones, those are so bulky and heavy
- Local currency – a no brainer
- Business cards/information of destination (if frequented before) – just in case you want to go back on the trip
- Hydrating spray – air quality is extremely dry at high altitudes, a must bring
- Lip balm & hand cream – similar to above, a must bring
What are some of the things you bring along as your personal carry on when traveling?